Since a lot of you want to visit us and meet Catherine and also asked us what Catherine would like or want, we’ve prepared a list of some things we have and certainly don’t need and the ones we don’t have and need.
What we need:
1. if you like babies and are willing to help us, you can offer us an hour (or more :-)) of babysitting. You can babysit by yourself or e.g. rent a Red Cross Babysitting service.
2. if you’re living in Germany and are coming by car, you could bring us a package of pampers (size 4) which are 50% cheaper than in CH.
4. toys for the baby beginning from 12 months. We prefer the wooden toys (Holzspielzeugs).
5. Clothes beginning with the size 80.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We don’t have anything against borrowed, used and second-hand clothes.🙂
What we already have and therefore don’t need:
2. Schnuller and Schnullerkette
3. Rassel (rattles) and a lot of toys for the small babies in general.
4. some soft toys (stuffed animals), like elephant, dog, teddy bear etc.
5. enough clothes up to the size 62
6. crib mobile
7. kirschsteinsäckchen… (the sack that is used for warming up the baby’s tummy)
8. baby bed-linen
9. sleeping begs size 60 and 70
10. baby (bath) towels
11. Wärmeflasche12. Stillkissen
13. Lätzchen (bibs) = portikle
14. Weleda Stillöl and Massageöl (for Catherine’s mom :))
15. Schmusetuch (“security buddy”)
16. a lot of baby socks
What we REALLY don’t want for our baby girl:
1. Barbie doll. We prefer dolls like this one.